Wednesday, March 17, 2010

32 Weeks, Half-Days, and (ugh) Contractions

Sunday the ticker rolled over to 32 weeks! I cannot believe it.

I "celebrated" with Baby Shower #3...and had a fabulous time. Everyone was so generous and I love having the people you love all in one place...such a good feeling. (I'll post more on the shower later.)

Half-days started Monday at work and I cannot tell you how this made me feel so much better by Monday evening. I came home and napped for 3 hours (minus the two bathroom visits), but then I felt as though I could function as a human being for the rest of the evening. It was wonderful!

Yesterday I had to forgo the nap because I had a check-up at the OB. It was probably a good thing because I started having contractions at lunch time and they kept coming. Nothing painful...just kind of uncomfortable...and there were more than just a few.

Anyway...ultrasound first....babies were super active and looked good. Both babies are head-down now...but I'm still thinking c-section. Nothing was mentioned of a vaginal birth, I think Parker is just too wiggly in there to pick a position quite yet.

Continued through the "rotation" and met Dr. #4 (I think) who looks like he should be a dance partner on D.ancing with the S.tars instead of an OB. But, he was very nice and very thorough.

And by thorough...I mean he did a fetal fibronectin test (yowsers) and examined my cervix because I had been having so many contractions. Cervix was tightly closed...thank goodness and he called with the results of the fetal fibronectin this morning...negative. (YAY!) This means I have less than a 90% chance of going into labor in the next two weeks. He said if it was positive then he probably would want me to take a few days off from work to rest and give me some steroids to help out with the lung maturity of the babies. So glad it was negative!

I was "measured" for the first time ever and apparently I am measuring as if I was 38 weeks pregnant with 1 baby...but I am 32 weeks with 2. I think I am feeling as if I am quickly approaching "term"...so many aches and pains and lack of sleep. However, I can easily look past all of it because in about 1 month I will have two beautiful babies in my arms! I am getting so excited (and nervous and anxious) but mainly just excited!

Ok...off to fulfill doctor's orders...bed rest here I come!

I will post more later! :)

No comments: