Thursday, March 11, 2010

Baby Shower #2

Baby Shower #2 was my "work" shower. It was hosted by two of my closest gal pals in my dept, Jamie (on the left) and Kate (on the right). They did a wonderful job and I had a really nice time. You can see from the picture that I am growing overnight! (Each baby is already estimated to weigh at least 4lbs...and the doctor said yesterday they could both be 7lbs when they arrive...whoa!)



Here's the whole group...missing a few and I let the "boys" of the department out of this one...somehow I didn't think they would enjoy a "baby shower" so much.


We played pictionary with "baby-themed" movie titles...I was NOT so hot at the guessing...but I love to draw clues. Here is an example of my "fantastic" clue giving.

And probably the cutest part of the whole thing were these adorable cupcakes...how cute are the candy pacifiers? So creative! Jamie and Kate are Martha's in the Making!


I feel really lucky to work with such special ladies in my department and at my school. They really are like family and have been so supportive of us through this whole ordeal. They have been there through every part of this struggle...through both miscarriages, months with no (+), gave donations for the "IVF Yardsale", and ultimately the best cheerleaders when we finally got the news we were pregnant.
Each of them are so special to me...it is nice to be able to go to work with people you call "friends".
***************************************
Next post (hopefully) will be to show you what Nick was busy with during the shower...stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the suspense is going to kill me until your next post :) Glad you had a fab shower. Love the cupcakes. My sister-in-law made those little mint pacifiers for my shower, too - so sweet. Hope you got tons of fun stuff for the babies. You really look great!

Trudi and Keith said...

Girl, that belly is getting big! I love it.

Once Upon A Time said...

You do work with nice people at your school. The cupcakes are cute! You should share what some of the gifts were from both your showers. Anything really good? :)