Things look really great. Hallelujah!
The first trimester screen looks for abnormalities with regards to Trisomy 21, Trisomy 18, and Trisomy 13. The most well known of these is Trisomy 21 which also known as Down's Syndrome.
For Trisomy 21 (Down's), my risk factor based on age alone was 1 in 623. But after the screening the risk factors changed to...
1 in 8,900 - Baby A
1 in 7,000 - Baby B
I was so worried about this test, but the nurse said that these numbers are very, very good. Goes to show what a Go.ogle medical degree is worth...I was extremely worried about Baby A and he/she/it's numbers are better than Baby B's!
For Trisomy 18 and Trisomy 13, my risk factor based on age alone was 1 in 1145. But after the screening the risk factors changed to...
1 in greater than 10,000 - Baby A & Baby B
Cool huh?
I was so happy and relieved to get that phone call. I have saved the message to let Nick hear it, but I have played it multiple times for my own enjoyment. In fact, I kinda tear up every time I hear the nurse say
"Numbers are very, very good. Congratulations."
It makes the morning and night sickness...well...that much more enjoyable. ;)
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow! My numbers were never that high with Amelia or Baby Lohr #2.. congratulations :)
:-) Hooray!
That's great news. Yea for high levels!
Yay!!!
That is great! I hope the good news keeps rolling in. Looking forward to reading a gender report in a few weeks.
Post a Comment