- I am anemic. I have to take iron supplements. I am waiting for them to give me a big burst of energy any day now. Right. Any day now.
- The OB has tentatively set a date for my c-section. It is scheduled for Week 37, but depending on what the ultrasound reveals on Tuesday, it might be moved to Week 36. Here's hoping that Baby A's placenta is still lying low!
- My feet have started to swell. Typically it is only after a long day at school, but swollen feet are ugly. Plain and simple. Yuck. Thank goodness propping them up makes it go away.
- My belly is big...getting to almost huge. I can't imagine what it will look like in 2 more months....outta control I'm sure. I still consider it "cute" right now...but "cute" is fading fast!
- I am enjoying my last few weeks of sugar. I am convinced that I will fail my glucose tolerance test at 28 weeks. Hopefully not...but we shall see!
- My parking spot at school has been temporarily changed. I have been parking in what could be one of the farthest spots from my office and now I will be steps away. I was so thankful...the 15 minute trek to the car in the afternoon was getting really tough.
- I was happy to be able to celebrate with one of my "blog friends" turned "in real life friends" at her couples baby shower over the weekend. There were quite a few pregnant girls at the shower (regular ol' fertile types except for the two of us) and an "experienced" dad asked if we were going crazy spending lots of money on our first babies and decorating their rooms. She just point blank said "No, we spent all our money getting pregnant." I loved it. She really cracks me up. Check her out over at Divine Secrets of the Infertility Sisterhood.
- The nursery is painted. Now on to the new windows and trim. I can't believe we have a room called "the nursery". It is surreal...and exciting!
- Finally...I went to S.ubway today for lunch (yes I took the day off and yes I had them steam the meat until it was piping hot) and the man behind the counter asked what I was having when I got to the register. My response? The turkey special. He looked at me and pointed to my belly. It still took me a minute to realize he was asking about the babies. Oops.
So I'm having a Turkey Special...two of them. Here's hoping to an April 12th Turkey Day!

2 comments:
hahaha! I love the turkey special :) Yeah...I need to be better about being so annoyed - but, sometimes, my mouth just gets the better of me! Here's hoping to some smart turkey specials so they can have scholarships to college :)
Thanks for the update. I'm also having to take iron pills now...turns out I didn't do a great job taking my regular pre-natals on a regular basis (I have a big hatred for pills...just a baby and don't like to take 'em). Glad to hear you got the meat in your sandwich steamed...I was about to give you a hard time about it. :)
Post a Comment