The phone rang at about 12:45pm and it was Dr. Love's office. Oh no. In the 2 seconds the phone was ringing I had convinced myself they were calling to say don't bother coming in. None of our little guys had made it to Day 5.
But...
They were running a little behind and wanted to see if it was ok if we pushed the appt. back 30 minutes. Whew! No problem!
Upon arrival we went back and according to the ultrasound (which...shocker...was done on my tummy) apparently my "teacher-sized bladder" was not full enough after 40 oz. so...drink, sit, and wait.
In the meantime, we got to sit and admire a picture of 2 of our "excellent-but act-surprised-when-he-tells-you-that-says-the-tech" Day 5 blasts.
The embryologist came in with the report...of course in his Hungarian accent (which reminded me of Goldmember...fasza...your fasza...you know dad...fasza...ok...enough).
15 eggs retrieved (knew that)
14 fertilized (yeah...keep going)
13 embryos (c'mon...get to the good part)
8 made it to blast stage
6 will freeze
2 will transfer
5 are a little behind and will be watched to see if they catch up
Cool! 2 to transfer and 6 to freeze! Pretty happy with that!
Here they are...
The embryologist went on to say with the high quality blasts (which darn it I never asked the grade) and my maternal age...he thinks our changes at a pregnancy are higher than most.
Smile. :)
Dr. Love comes in and immediately says, "Two things...those embryos are gorgeous and you are going to get pregnant."
His confidence made me a little nervous, but I just told him that everything that he has said so far has been true, so I will trust him.
Anyway...transfer went smoothly. Not as bad as anticipated. I really had to fight back the laughs when Goldmember re-entered the room and announced "Embryos have arrived."
After it was all said and done Dr. Love said how much the nurses were pulling for us and how badly he wanted it for us too. He gave me a hug and shook Nick's hand before heading out the door.
Another chapter in this story behind us. A huge chapter ahead of us.
Nick and I have decided that it is best for us to be as low-key as possible during the next few weeks. The book isn't closed...but we are putting in a bookmark.
We have tried to be completely open about the process (for our own sanity and to educate others), but now we need some time of our own to process the outcome...whatever that might be. I am going to be taking a break from blogging, but I will still be here reading and cheering everyone else on.
I have taken great comfort in your stories and your comments...so thank you. Some of you are "virtual strangers", some of you have become IRL friends, and some of you are old friends and family. Thank you for all of the love and support you have shown us over the past few years, months, and weeks.
You are all amazing!
Oh...and I couldn't resist...you'll see what I mean if you read this.

10 comments:
what a great report! and such lovely blasts!! take it easy so they can nestle in!
Take it easy during this delicate time. Let the "peanuts" get comfy so that they can join your family soon. Look forward to hearing the good news.
So excited for you!!! Here's hoping a nice soft landing for the blasts and that they find a comfortable resting spot in there to start growing!
Lisa
Oh my gosh.. awesome news about the transfer! I still hear Dr. Hungary in my dreams .. "yez, yez". ha ha! Sending you lots of good luck wishes & positive vibes! Hopefully we will be 2 successful stories from the clinic. :)
I'm thrilled that it all went so well today. And having that many to freeze is awesome! Yay! Now just sit back, relax and take care for yourself.
I'm praying for y'all! Congratulations on the good report from the Dr.
Your blasts are BEAUTIFUL!!!! They look MUCH better than ours did! And look what we ended up with... a precious little girl!
6 to freeze is absolutely amazing!!!!! That, in and of itself, is just wonderful news! All those little eggies were just waiting to come out... and here they are!
Lots and lots and LOTS of prayers and good thoughts coming your way from Canton. Please, please feel free to call if you need to. I'm here for you girl!
They are truly picture perfect...I'm seeing double in your future.
Don't you love the embryologist?
They never told me the grades, either. I don't think they like to focus on that...maybe for our sake?
Your embyros are beautiful :) I have so much hope for yall this cycle.
Love you, girl!
What a fantastic outcome! Can't wait to hear the good news in 2 weeks!
Post a Comment