Thursday, August 13, 2009

Update #2

...and two appts today.

This morning...u/s and bloodwork.
No big deal...however, the bruises on my arm seem to tell a different story.

This afternoon...met with Dr. Love and the nurse practicioner for history and physical. Again...no big deal...except for the almost anxiety attack. I felt like I was gonna flop right off that table. I got the rundown of all the instructions for pre-op, op, and post-op in what seemed like 5 seconds. I felt completely overwhelmed. I had no idea there were so many medicines to administer after retrieval!

I left there with instructions for the following:

Endometrin
Medrol
Antibiotic
Vivelle Patch
Suppositories for Nausea
(in case I need them...yeah right, he could have left that one off...don't see those coming in handy even if I was Queen of Nausea)

I was able to hold it together long enough to make it through a conversation between Dr. Love and Nick about SEC football and about Nick's man crush on Fa.lcons' QB M.att R.yan. But man...as soon as I hit the elevator, the waterworks started. Just had to get it out of my system. I think I haven't had a good cry in 2 days so I guess it was building up...and the dam just broke.

Anyway...I will find out tomorrow if we get to trigger. Nick is excited to give the "Manny" drug...I am not so excited about his technique. I let him practice tonight on my stim shot...much to be said for the angle of the needle going in being the same coming out. Tonight...not so much. Ouch.

If we trigger tomorrow, retrieval will be Sunday.

I think I have almost finished climbing that first hill on this roller coaster...the anxiety is almost too much to handle. I look forward to cresting the top and having a chance to exhale before quickly catching my breath for the fertilization report, transfer, and ultimately the last big hill...the pregnancy test.

One hill at a time...right?

But in the end...I hope I can say that this was the most exhilarating ride I (well, we) have ever been on...and I hope we exit our car with an extra passenger (or two) we picked up along the way.


Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We truly appreciate all of your love and support.

7 comments:

'Murgdan' said...

Awww. It is so overwhelming. I know you have plenty of resources, but if you have any questions about anything you can call me anytime. One day at a time. One drug at a time. One thing at a time. It's the only way.

Wishing you all the best...really.

Trudi and Keith said...

We're thinking of you guys over the next few days!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My nurse kept reminding me to tackle one hurdle at a time. Only think about the thing you have to do next - not what comes after that - and I think that helped keep me sane. Because, like you said, calling the process overwhelming is an understatement. Hang in there...you're doing good!

Anonymous said...

You're doing great! Like you said, one step at at time. Yeah, I still have those nausea suppositories in my fridge...never touched them. Plus the pharmacy mis-labeled them and said to take by mouth, um, I don't think so, they are the size of a bullet!

Kasi Sexton said...

Josh wanted me to tell you... before the "trigger" shot... use an ice pack. Really helps with the pain!

Expect a pretty good bruise on that one!

We're praying for y'all!
Kasi

Kasi Sexton said...

Oh yeah, Josh says he feels for Nick (been there, done that) and all Josh says he can think of is the movie "Pulp Fiction"