Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pitiful, Just Pitiful.

I have always prided myself on not being one of "those people" affected with side effects. Alas, no longer.

I have been "Queen of Side Effects" the past week.

Headaches - check.
Achey Muscles - check.
Nausea - check.
Upset Stomach - check.
Upset Stomach leading to the "Speedys" (thanks Heather for the term) - check.
Crying at the Drop of a Hat - check.

Last night I had upset stomach and nausea...which led to full on puking. I hate throwing up more than anything and will fight it until the bitter end.

However, I knew it was inevitable and this brought on a crying episode. I also refuse to bow to the porcelain god without first disinfecting. So, I was walking around (crying) trying to gather cleaning supplies (realizing how ridiculous I was being but not caring) and there was poor Nick asking me if I wanted him to do my disinfecting for me. Poor thing didn't know what to do...so he started a load of laundry at midnight. I guess he just wanted to get to the opposite end of the house as fast as possible.

It was pitiful, just pitiful.

But, better today. Nap time always helps.

************************************
Monitoring this morning...had to up the dosage of G.onal-f. I am of course concerned that my estradiol was low, but it is only Day 5 and I keep telling myself that the doctor knows what he is doing. I have a real problem with doubting people. Will have to work on that.

Next appt - 7am Monday morning...leaving the house at 6am to make sure I am first in line. Gotta make it back in time to greet the kiddos on the first day!

5 comments:

Kasi Sexton said...

Ugh... gosh Amy, I just don't remember those side effects. But truthfully, the nausea might just be getting you prepared my friend! I was SOOOO nauseated when I was pregnant (during the first trimester anyway). I don't specifically remember being nauseated on my stim meds, but I definitely remember the emotions.

I have terrible "momnesia" these days... I'll ask Josh and get back to you!

Oh yeah, let Nick do the laundry. And the cleaning. He needs the practice. Just wait... soon you'll feel like that's ALL you do is clean!

'Murgdan' said...

Awww. Sucks. Hang in there. I doubted my doctor ALL the way through...turns out he actually knew what he was doing.

Sorry you're feeling bad....it'll get better.

Anonymous said...

Yuck, sounds awful! Hope your next appt goes well. Hang in there!

Trudi and Keith said...

So sorry to hear that Amy! Thinking good thoughts for you for the rest of the cycle.

Tara said...

Ugh - I am sorry!!!! I hope today's appointment went well.

And, Doubting Thomas :), they know what they are doing. Dr. Love is fantastic...let me know what others you meet. I love that entire practice.