- It was NOT a baby shower...for the first time in a long time!
- We were by far the oldest people there...except of course for the mom who came down to the basement to tell her daughter that she was leaving.
- We forgot that is was a themed party...College Throwback Theme...and forgot to wear our flip-flops, sunglasses with a strap, bring a koozie for our Bud Light (in a can of course) and all other "Frat-tastic" gear from college...oh wait they were still in college.
- Apparently I missed the fine print on the invite that said "bra optional"...as I think I (and maybe the mom before she left) were the only females with an underwire anywhere to be found.
This is just the short list. However...we did have a good time. But more importantly, I figured out the reason behind our infertility...
B-O-W-S.
While the happy couple were opening gifts, some young thing called out..."You know however many bows you break is the number of kids you are going to have."
The hubby (who took full advantage of all of the Bud Light in a can...did I mention it was being kept cold by a cooler shaped like a beer can?) looked at me and we just started laughing. I mean come on...I could have saved myself an awful lot of money and heartache if I just would have broken some bows opening my shower gifts. Oh well.
When I visit the RE on Wednesday I will have to let her in on my secret.
I wonder if there is a place for "Bow Induced Infertility" on the form.

2 comments:
Babe...I totally get it. I broke every bow I could during our wedding showers. Here I sit..with you...
I didn't have a wedding shower. Maybe that's my problem
Post a Comment