Friday, July 17, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect...

Well...yesterday was the ol' injection training and trial transfer. I don't feel anymore well trained than when I started, but I think that stress-relief-ball I practiced on might produce multiple eggs at any moment.

I guess the on-line videos will help...maybe I should check those out.

Thank goodness Nick only has to give me one shot...the rest are all me. He thought it was so cool that he is going to get to shoot me up with the infamous "Man.ny Ra.mir.ez" drug...I thought about getting one of these hats to wear that day.

However, I cannot tell you how lucky (well...considering the IF circumstances) I feel to have found Dr. L-O-V-E. He is one of the nicest guys I have ever met...hands down the nicest doctor I have ever met. He is SO positive and upbeat...he really should teach a class on bedside manner. He gives us 100% and then some. You can just tell he really likes his job. As soon as he left the Mexican-Woman-Corn-room (first introduced in my post Heart vs. Head), I looked at my husband and said (yet again), "I just LOVE him." Nick loves him too, but I think there is some guy code that says you can't say you love another dude. Whatever.



So, I left there with a handful of prescriptions including:

- Me.tfor.min
- Pre.nat.al vit.ami.ns
- Lu.pr.on
- G.on.al-F
- Me.no.pur
- Pre.gn.yl
- An.tibi.otic (for me and the hubs)
- Pro.met.riu.m
- Name of a acupuncturist...Naboo...no joke
- Sharps container
- Extra syringes


I feel truly blessed because a IF friend (thank you thank you thank you) gave me some of her unused meds b/c she is preggo with twins! Yea! That was a $350 gift...and when I went downstairs to the pharmacy...somehow my insurance picked up the majority of the tab for the Lu.pr.on! $30 instead of $100 = awesome!

Any of you have experience with these drugs? Side effects or helpful hints?

So...here we go...it is almost our turn to ride. Yikes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you!

Krista said...

I'm so excited for you guys! You'll continue to be in my prayers. Can't wait to hear the good news! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds terrific. We found the injection training VERY useful...it is definitely overwhelming but you'll be a pro at it in no time. And my husband practiced on a peach the day of my HCG shot :) Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Exciting times!

Kiki said...

The Lupron might induce some nasty headaches. but once you start to stim those will go away... make sure to numb down the areas your injecting... :) Good Luck!

Tara said...

WOO HOO!!!! That is so exciting!

My side effects were always minimal...given my poor response's all of the time. I have PIO and some more lupron if you need it.

Miss you!