Thursday, July 8, 2010

Punctuation Marks

So...you would think with two beautiful healthy babies that a {period} wouldn't bother me so much. But it does. Not like it used to, but it is still a monthly slap in the face that says "Ha Ha, you can't make a baby."


You would also think that an {exclamation point} wouldn't bother me either. But it does. Not like it used to, but whenever I read a "We're Pregnant!" announcement on F.acebook it still hurts. How wonderful it must be to just "Be Pregnant!" and not have to go through years of IF, miscarriages, and ultimately fork over a small fortune for a chance at being pregnant. I realize that I don't know every single person's back story and they may have struggled too. I also realize that everyone has their own cross to bear and not everyone's is infertility. But I often {question} why it is mine.


I am ready for punctuation to not leave a mark.


But...here are two precious little things that make it all okay.





(First time posting a video...can't seem to get a quality image on Blogger.)

8 comments:

'Murgdan' said...

Ooohhh...I just love the kicking legs and flailing arms! Boo on the period.

Life Happens said...

I have puncture marks and bruises from all the shots. It looks like my husband punched me in the gut over and over again!

Cute video. The babies are just darling!

Anonymous said...

I love how Parker calms down with your voice...that's such a great feeling!

Coakley's Journey said...

Just remember, even though you had to go through all you did. Some go through everything and still dont end up with a happy ending. Just be happy you have your 2 bundles of joy! That deserves an (exclamation point) :)

Kasi Sexton said...

I, too, feel the same way oftentimes. Just know that others have these same feelings and that you are not alone!

kristi said...

Excellent post!! it's tough.....periods, exclamation points, question marks and all....

Tara said...

I am waiting on the period...still haven't had one. Punctuation marks still suck here, too. I think they will always sting.

Awesome video :) And, you are right, they make it all worth it. I'd go through it all again for my Molly Moo!

Rachel and Chad said...

Such a great post...honest and sweet. And GOOD LORD, those babies are adorable! ....and the good news is - it looks like they will be good dancers!

We need to have a play date sometime soon!